Ask the Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something is eating my hydrangea leaves! Help!

Go down

Something is eating my hydrangea leaves!  Help! Empty Something is eating my hydrangea leaves! Help!

Post by sewscrappy17 Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:19 pm

I have a small oak leaf hydrangea and its new leaves are beginning to open up and grow but i discovered something is eating the leaves!  Just gnawing them from the outer edges inward, some leaves are only stems left, others are half eaten.  Any ideas?  What should I do!  This is horrible.

Libby
sewscrappy17
sewscrappy17

Back to top Go down

Something is eating my hydrangea leaves!  Help! Empty Re: Something is eating my hydrangea leaves! Help!

Post by Shhhhh Tue May 12, 2015 2:14 pm

It sounds like you have a caterpillar. I noticed my columbines were totally de-leafed by a little tiny caterpillar. A mild soap spray may work, but it may take a pesticide. It is amazing how fast they can eat. Check for tent caterpillars, too. I cut the branch off and burn those.

Shhhhh

Back to top Go down

Something is eating my hydrangea leaves!  Help! Empty Re: Something is eating my hydrangea leaves! Help!

Post by sewscrappy17 Tue May 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Hmmm.  I will go look.  Seems really early for those silly caterpillars, assume the same ones that defoliate all the new mollis azalea growth.  This oak leaf hydrangea I have is a baby, only a foot tall. Whatever it was is gone now, all the subsequent leaves are fine.
sewscrappy17
sewscrappy17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum